info: our contact and further information page
(2) contact form
(3) "info" ~ deadlines, ad rates, & membership
FQ, the Folklife Quarterly,
FQ ( 1 )
(2) Contact ~ simply fill in the form, or email the information, as you prefer.
A form for Members' VENUE entries on VENUES PAGE. For all other entries - please email details instead
these contact forms sometimes take a day or two before we're notified by Weebly
- so you can email directly us as below
16 Barrett Rise, Malvern,
Worcs WR14 2UJ
Do join us:
Folklife membership for Folklife Quarterly, a 48 page (A4) print magazine, folk news (Wales, England West Country & West Midlands & Oxon) & folklife traditions.
To join Folklife.
To join: £18 a year. Please send by BACS to:
Folklife, sort code 09-01-55, account 18675181.
or send us a £18 cheque to address on left.
EU £30. USA £36.
New Data rules apply from May !,
so: when you have checked that the BACS payment has been taken from your account, or that the cheque is in the post, then please complete the form on the new DATA page (which is on the main Folklife website)
You will receive 1 copy of 4 quarterly issues,
and for each issue you can send in
------ your folk listings, as in this online DIRECTORY,
------ your folk news. Word limits apply: 200 words, more if advertising, see below
Do email us . . .
. . . firstly, please read what we do - and what we don't
(3) "info" - the download
download our "Info page" : the information below --- FQ deadlines; Membership & word limits; Your adverts in FQ
This is a copy of FQ p.3, the Info page (size: one A4 page) which gives the same details as below:
☞ ● 1 Jan: 20 Nov
☞ ● 1 Apr: 20 Feb
☞ ● 1 Jul: 20 May
☞ ● 1 Oct: 20 Aug
Changes after Deadlines
Changes might be possible after deadline, conditions apply, see below:
- ADVERTS: changes can be made IF: same size / image-type (eg jpg) as originally sent.
- ••• up to 1st Dec/Mar/Jun/Sep, as advert layout is finalised on 2nd ! .... printers' holiday closure, FQ must be finished to post out before Christmas
- FOLKLIFE MEMBERS’ NEWS & LISTINGS: changes IF: same word-length or shorter.
- ••• up to 8 Dec/Mar/Jun/Sep, members only, as non-members news to Correspondents must be by Deadline Copy Date above
⇒ Do Join Us !
Your Membership Benefits
FQ by post
Free Editorial / Publicity, in print + online
• Festivals, Venues, Performers, Media, Services, Organisations, etc
• News & Reports,
• Listings: in this Directory, with summary in FQ
• Festival Diary, Workshop Diary
No form needed
Posted : 1 year to 1 address £18
RESELLING 6 or more = LESS THAN 1/2 PRICE ! ! !
⇒ Word limits / Editorial
➊ Members' News
up to 200 words, for each news item;
more if advertising --
1/16 250 words; 1/8 275; 1/4 300; 1/2 350; A4 450
your Reports, Dates, Festival Info, CD Info.
➋ Folklife Traditions
Articles & news ~ word limits by arrangement.
Send News as plain email, or as RTF, or as Word.doc
See folklife-traditions.uk website
Using Word.docx ?
Using 'Word' Footnotes and Endnotes
For any notes: please use Endnotes.
Please do not use Footnotes.
How to convert Footnotes to Endnotes, see
⇒ Your Adverts in FQ
Ads : Costs (no VAT charged)
Ads : Sizes (A4)
'A4' - if you're not sure about page sizes - see our Guide to Page Sizes [<---this is on our main folklife site] - A4, A5, etc, with examples, note these are A4-size pages, so not suitable for mobiles.
Ads : Ads must be emailed (image or text)
√ Colour ads: you are advised to send us a printout so we can check colours.
√ If B&W: pl convert colour to greyscale, & check that before sending.
√ Tiff √ Jpeg,
√ PDF as High-definition 300dpi, text 600 dpi, fonts embedded; if B&W ad, send only as greyscale.
? Word “.doc” is not an image, so can't be used directly